Creamy Tortellini Soup: This is one of those recipes you must have. I first tasted this yummy soup at a soup supper. By the end of the meal we were all asking the hostess for the recipe. Her daughter is the one who had shared it with her. And now I am sharing it with you because you must try it.
Creamy Slow-Cooker Tortellini Soup
A few minor adaptations have been made to the original recipe found on the blog – [Heather Likes Food | http://www.heatherlikesfood.com/creamy-slow-cooker-tortellini-soup/].
- 24 oz jar prepared spaghetti sauce (Prego-Roasted Garlic Parmesan)
- 1/2 lb ground beef, browned
- 2 links (6 oz) chicken sausage, all natural sweet italian style by al fresco, browned
- 1/2 bag (4.5 oz) fresh spinach leaves
- 6 C chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms (optional but yummy)
- 16 oz fresh 3 cheese tortellini
- Combine spaghetti sauce, ground beef, chicken sausage, spinach, cream cheese, chicken broth, and mushrooms in a slow-cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, turn heat to high if it isn't already and stir in frozen tortellini. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and hot.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
Entrepreneurship flows in Sonya’s blood. Some businesses include an artistic rubber stamp manufacturing business, opening and running a bed & breakfast and having a fabric and yarn shop. As a serial entrepreneur she loves to mentor and coach small businesses. She misses farm life, loves to travel and enjoys her husband, children, their spouses and of course the grandkids.