This recipe has been a long-time family favorite. It’s a twist on traditional cole slaw. The ramen provides some extra crunch – and the dressing a bit of tang. This a great side for a picnic or potluck!
Broccoli Slaw Salad
This salad is a go to salad for potlucks and family gatherings. Who knew my kids would love broccoli slaw.
Yields: 12 Servings
- 1 (2 lb) bag Broccoli Slaw
- 4 stalk green onions, chopped (tops too)
- 2 pkgs ramen noodles (chicken flavor) uncooked, broken, separated
- 1/2 cup sunflower hearts
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 packet ramen seasoning (comes in package with noodles used above)
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli slaw, green onion, ramen noodles, and sunflower hearts.
- In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients together. Pour over salad and toss.
- Chill in refrigerator one hour or more.
- Note: I don't pour all the dressing over the salad to cut calories.
If you give this recipe a try, we’d love to hear from you! Do you have a go-to family favorite for picnics and potlucks?
Entrepreneurship flows in Sonya’s blood. Some businesses include an artistic rubber stamp manufacturing business, opening and running a bed & breakfast and having a fabric and yarn shop. As a serial entrepreneur she loves to mentor and coach small businesses. She misses farm life, loves to travel and enjoys her husband, children, their spouses and of course the grandkids.